Happy Holidays Fitness Friends! It is that time of year for Holiday treats…but we can still make yummy healthy ones. Check out these festive and easy holiday snacks that you can bring to a holiday party or keep around the house to snack on because they are guilt free–yippee!!
Coconut Snow Balls
3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup super fine almond flour
1/3 cup blue agave or maple syrup or honey
4 tablespoons coconut water (you may need more if it is too dry)
2 tablespoons pure coconut extract
1/3 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips melted to decorate the top and holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Cover a plate with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a food processor, with the S blade attachment add all the ingredients. Start with 2 T of coconut water and add more as need be
- Process on the medium speed for 1-2mins until it forms a crumbly dough easy to bring together in your hands to shape balls.
- Scoop out the dough and roll with hands to form a ball, place on parchment paper. 1 batch should make about 25 balls.
- You can decorate the top of the snow balls by melting and drizzling the chocolate over them and finishing with some holiday sprinkles
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating and keep stored in the refrigerator
Peppermint Chocolate Holiday Balls
1 cup pitted dates
1/3 cup cacao powder
2/3 cup oats or shredded coconut
2 Tbsp almond milk
3-4 drops of peppermint oil, pending how bold you want the peppermint flavor to be. (I use DoTerra oils because of the purity)
- Put the walnuts into the food processor and pulse until well chopped. Add the dates and pulse again until mixed well.
- Add the cacao, oats or shredded coconut, peppermint oil and almond milk. Pulse until combined. Add more almond milk as needed so the balls are easy to roll in your hands.
- Form the balls and place onto a pan with parchment paper.
- Keep balls in the refrigerator
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Wishing you all a Healthy and Happy Holidays!